There are opportunities to study spectroscopy and related topics with Exciton Science researchers.
Check back regularly for more detailed information or use the links below to contact potential supervisors directly.
Ken Ghiggino (University of Melbourne)
Trevor Smith (University of Melbourne)
- Exciton logic, based on timed multiple ultrafast laser pulse sequences;
- Alignment of nanorods - microspectroscopic studies of preferentially aligned molecules and nanoparticles;
- Mechnico-optical piezoelectrics;
- Time-resolved super-resolution optical microscopy of excitonic materials;
- Quantum battery - ultrafast laser spectroscopy of polaritonic systems (with James Quach at CSIRO and Exciton Science's James Hutchison).
- Singlet fission, as part of a joint PhD with the University of Bayreuth in Germany.
James Hutchison (University of Melbourne)
Alison Funston (Monash University)
- Terahertz-electric field control of exciton dynamics down to the single nanocrystal
- Ultrafast spectroscopy of coupled quantum emitters
Girish Lakhwani (University of Sydney)
Chris Hall (University of Melbourne)
Greg Scholes (Princeton University)