The ARC Centre of Excellence in Exciton Science held its Annual Workshop on 24-26 September 2018.
We had a packed three days with interesting sessions and discussions around entrepreneurship. Platform updates were the highlight for many as well as posters and being able to meet and chat to colleagues.
- Gheran Steel from BoonWarrung welcomed us to country with discussion of respect and celebration.
- Director, Paul Mulvaney then opened the workshop and gave us a overview of renewable energy and the challenges of working as a team and creating our own future.
- We heard about experiences in entrepreneurship from Scott Watkins, Pegah Maasoumi and Rebecca Yee.
- We were given information about tools such as Availier's commercialisation deep dive.
- Emma van Ebden and Fabian Li talked to us about patents and Romney Adams showed us the world of communications outside traditional high impact journals.
- There was plenty of opportunity to get an overview of our research and get to know each other with platform updates, CSIRO presentation and poster sessions.
- We got a taste of outreach and training in unconscious bias and inclusive leadership.
- We learnt about flow and how to tap into its potential.
- We explored how research and family can be combined and the challenges that come with this.
- We presented our annual awards at the Inaugural Exciton Science Quiz and Gala dinner.
Dr Scott Watkins presents on entrepreneurship
Inaugural Exciton Science Quiz and Gala dinner
Panel session - Research and families
Post Doc Poster Session
Ming Johanson holding Unconscious Bias Training
Science Family Fun Activities